Instagram Contest Rules
VALUE BUDS PREPAID VISA GIFTCARD SWEEPSTAKES
- PRIZE SUPPLIER: The prize supplier is Alcanna Cannabis Stores Limited Partnership (the “Company”).
- ELIGIBILITY: (a) The Contest is only open to Eligible Participants. (b) The Contest is not open to individuals who are employees of the Company or any of its related or affiliated companies, parent, subsidiaries, agents, and advertising or promotional agencies or any person who is a family member of, or who resides in the same household as, an employee or officer or director of the Company or any of their related or affiliated companies, parent, subsidiaries, agents, and advertising or promotional agencies. (c) All entries are subject to verification at any time. The Company reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to require proof of identity and/or eligibility (in a form acceptable to the Company – including, without limitation, government issued photo identification) to participate in this Contest and in order to prove that the entrant or a tagged individual is an Eligible Participant. Failure to provide such proof to the satisfaction of the Company in a timely manner may result in disqualification. The sole determination of whether an entry is a valid entry will be made by the Company. The Company reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any entrant it finds to be: (i) violating these Contest Rules; (ii) tampering or attempting to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Contest; (iii) acting in an unsportsmanlike or destructive manner, or with the intent to annoy, abuse, threaten, embarrass or harass any other person. Any attempt by an entrant or other individual to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and/or civil laws. Should any such attempt be made, the Company reserves the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- HOW TO REGISTER AND ENTER: (a) The Contest entry period (the “Contest Period”) runs from February 5, 2021 at 12:01 am Mountain Time (“MT”) to February 15, 2021 at 11:59:59 pm MT, after which time the Contest will be closed and no further entries will be accepted. (b) No purchase of any kind is necessary to enter the Contest. (c) To enter the Contest, an entrant must go to instagram.com/valuebuds, ‘follow’ Value Buds, and tag five friends, who are Eligible Participants, in the comments of the Contest post. Each entrant is permitted only one entry into the Contest. For the purpose of this Contest, an individual’s province of residence will be deemed to be the province indicated on a piece of valid, government-issued photo I.D. The Company reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to require proof of identity and/or eligibility (in such forms acceptable to the Company) to participate in the Contest. If it is discovered that an entrant or any of the individuals that have been tagged by an entrant are not Eligible Participants, then (in the sole and absolute discretion of the Company) an entrant will be disqualified from the Contest. (d) By participating in the Contest, you agree to be bound by these Contest Rules.
- PRIZE DESCRIPTION: One (1) prize is available to be won, consisting of a $500CAD VISA prepaid gift card (the “Prize”). The Prize is non-transferable and has no cash value (and without limiting the foregoing, the Prize may not be sold or traded), must be taken as offered and cannot be substituted, redeemed or exchanged for cash, credit or alternative prizes, except in the Company’s sole discretion. The Company reserves the right to substitute the Prize with a prize of equal or greater value. No credit or reimbursement will be provided if the Prize is not taken. The Prize cannot be combined with any other promotional offer or offers provided by the Company.
- WINNER SELECTION: On February 17, 2021 in Edmonton, Alberta, a random draw will be conducted from all eligible entries received throughout the Contest Period to select the potential winner (the “Selected Entrant”). The odds of winning the Prize will depend upon the number of eligible entries received during the Contest Period.
- NOTIFICATION OF WINNER: A representative of the Company’s Value Buds Marketing Team will notify the Selected Entrant following the draw via Instagram Messenger and/or e-mail and/or by phone. In order to be declared the Prize winner, the Selected Entrant must comply with all terms and conditions of these Contest Rules and will have to correctly answer, unaided, a time limited mathematical skill-testing question administered by a Value Buds Marketing Team If no response to any such notification inquiry is made within 24 hours of the date on which it was first made, the Selected Entrant will be deemed to irrevocably forfeit the Prize and a new winning entry shall be drawn. All decisions of the Company made in accordance with this section are final.
- RELEASE AND INDEMNIFICATION: Prior to being declared the Prize winner, the Selected Entrant will be required to: (i) produce valid government issued photo ID and such other forms of identification or proof of residency as may be requested by the Company to prove that the Selected Entrant and any tagged individual is an Eligible Participant; (ii) confirm compliance with the Contest Rules; (iii) sign and return a Declaration of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release form releasing, among other things, the Company, its parent, related and affiliated companies, subsidiaries, advertising and promotional agencies, counsel, marketing partners and each of their respective directors, officers, employees, shareholders, successors, sponsors, partners, licensees, subsidiaries, agents, artists, advisors, assignees, VISA, Instagram, and any and all others associated with the administration, development and execution of the Contest (“Released Parties”), from and against any and all manner of action, cause of action, claim or demand, loss or injury, use or misuse of a prize, suit, debt, covenant, contract, including legal fees and expenses, whatsoever, including but not limited to, claims based on negligence, breach of contract and fundamental breach, failure of any third party contractor or supplier used in connection with any aspect of the Contest to perform or deliver any goods or services, any act of God or any other event beyond the Released Parties’ control, any dissatisfaction of any kind by a winner with any aspect of the Contest or any prize, liability for physical injury, death, or property damage which the entrants, their heirs, successors or assigns have, might have or could have suffered, by reason of or arising out of the entrant’s participation in the Contest and/or in connection with the acceptance and/or exercise by the entrant of the prizes as awarded; (iv) indemnify the Released Parties against any loss, damage or expense, including legal fees, that any of the Released Parties may suffer or incur as a result of any non-compliance by an entrant with any of the Contest Rules or participation in the Contest and/or in connection with the acceptance and/or exercise by an entrant of a prize; and (v) consent to the use of his or her name and photograph or likeness, without further notice or compensation, in any publicity carried out by the Company.
The signed forms must be received by the Company within ten (10) days of notification to the Selected Entrant that he/she has been selected as the potential winner or the Prize will be forfeited and awarded to an alternate entrant that will be selected, in accordance with these Contest Rules. Each Prize winner may be required to sign additional releases in such forms as may be determined by the Company upon request by the Company.
- GENERAL: This Contest is void where prohibited by law. The Contest is subject to all applicable provincial, federal, local laws and regulations and any dispute shall be adjudicated by the Courts in the Province of Alberta. By participating, entrants agree to these official Contest Rules and accept all decisions of the Company as final in all matters relating to the Contest. By entering, all entrants permit the Company to use any collected information including, but not limited to, first and last name, username, email and phone number from the Contest for internal marketing and advertising purposes. Entrant may not win more than once in a 12-month period. Nothing contained in these Contest Rules nor in the administration of the Contest shall be deemed or construed by any entrant, Eligible Participant, Selected Entrant, Prize winner, the Company, VISA or Instagram to create any relationship, partnership or joint venture amongst them. VISA and Instagram and their related entities, affiliates, officers, employees, and agents are in no way associated with, and have in no way sponsored, endorsed, participated in, or administered the Contest and nothing herein contained is intended to establish any express or implied right or authority to assume or create any obligations on behalf of, or in the name of, or to bind VISA or Instagram or any of their respective affiliates, related entities, employees, officers and agents to any contract or agreement as such on either of them.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: The Company and their supporting partners, and their respective sponsors, employees or contractors are not responsible for printing or typographical errors in any Contest related materials, or for stolen, lost, late, misdirected, damaged, incomplete, or illegible entries. Winners are responsible for payment of taxes on prizes, if any, and for any other expenses relating to the use of prizes. The Company reserves the right to amend or modify these Contest Rules, cancel, suspend or modify any or all contests without prior notice for any reason whatsoever, including without limitation in the event that any cause beyond the reasonable control of the Company corrupts, or threatens to corrupt, the security of or proper administration of the Contest or if fraud or technical failures compromise the integrity of any or all contests as determined by the Company in its sole discretion.
- INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY: All intellectual property including, but not limited to, trademarks, trade names, logos, designs, promotional materials, web pages, source code, drawings, illustrations, slogans and representations are owned by the Company, any prize provider or supplier and/or their affiliates as applicable. All rights are reserved. Unauthorized copying or use of any copyrighted material or intellectual property without the express written consent of its owner is strictly prohibited.
For any additional information, please contact Value Buds by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail at: Attention: Value Buds, Suite 101, 17220 Stony Plain Rd, Edmonton, AB, T5S 1K6.